House Numbers Must Be 4" Tall
You house number should be printed in numbers that are NO LESS THAN 4" TALL
and in a contrasting color from your house color.
Why You Need House Numbers
- Your house numbers should be visible up to 150 feet, from all angles.
- Be sure your house numbers can be seen at night.
- Keep your numbers clearly visible throughout the year.
- As a test, ask neighbors, friends, or service people who visit your home if they saw your house numbers easily.
- Encourage family, friends, and neighbors to post their house numbers, too!
In case of an emergency, dial 9-1-1, "0" for operator or your local emergency number whenever you need help for the following.
- House Fires / Smoke
- Workplace Fires
- Apartment / High Rise Fires
- Chimney Fires
- Wild Fires
- Brush Fires
- Vehicular Accidents
- Residential Disturbances
- Outdoor Electrical Emergencies
- Industrial Accidents
- Heart Attacks
- Child Birth
- Power Line Dangers
- Gas Leaks
- Natural Disasters