Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Qualifications for the Planning & Zoning Commission:
At least four of the regular members shall be residents and eligible voters of the city; one regular member may reside in the city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) and must be an eligible voter of Kerr County. At least one alternate member shall be a resident and eligible voter of the city; one alternate member may reside in the city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) and must be an eligible voter of Kerr County.
Powers and Duties:
1. Shall formulate and recommend to the city council for adoption a Comprehensive Plan for the orderly growth and development of the city and its environs. On a yearly basis the commission shall review and if necessary recommend such changes in the plan as it finds will facilitate the movement of people and goods, and the health, recreation, safety and general welfare of the citizens of the city.
2. Shall formulate a zoning plan (ordinance) as may be deemed best to carry out the goals of the Comprehensive Plan; hold public hearings and make recommendations to the city council relating to the creation, amendment, and implementation of zoning regulations and districts as provided in state law.
3. Shall exercise all powers of a commission as to approval or disapproval of plans, plats, or replats as set out by state law and the city’s subdivision regulations.
4. Shall initiate for consideration at public hearings, proposals for the original zoning of annexed areas or for the change of zoning district boundaries on an area wide basis.
5. Shall consider and take appropriate action, upon written request, variances as prescribed to the city’s subdivision and sign regulations.
6. Shall from time to time recommend such changes to the subdivision regulations, sign regulations, and any other ordinance the city council assigns to their review that will facilitate the general health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the city.
Term of Office: Two years. No regular member shall serve more than three consecutive full terms on the Commission without having at least one full year off the Commission between terms.
Quorum: Three (may include an alternate member but only where substitution for and acting as a regular member)
Number of Members: Five regular members and two alternates.
Established by: Minutes of 12-18-44 Council meeting; amended by Ordinance Nos. 1979-37, 1987-24, and 2008-24 (which deleted from Code of Ordinances book Chapter 82 – Article II – Sections 82-31 through 82-36 and rolled into Zoning Code which is not codified).
Rules and Regulations amended by Resolution 180-2001; Rules Governing Conduct amended by Resolution 052-2003; Process for Appointment amended by Resolution 007-2006
I am not employed by the City of Kerrville. If appointed, I will notify the City of Kerrville of any changes in my residence or business, or of any other relevant changes that would affect my appointment. I will also notify the City if any potential conflicts of interest arise. I recognize that my appointment requires my regular attendance and participation at all scheduled meetings. Failure to do so may result in my removal. I am willing to make this commitment of time and effort. I understand and acknowledge that by selecting the 'I Agree' option below, I hereby certify that all information in this application is complete, truthful and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
When filed at city hall, this will become a public document that may be disclosed per the Texas Public Information Act.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field