Water Production focuses on producing high-quality drinking water using native groundwater wells, surface water from the Guadalupe River and Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) wells as water sources.
- Water Treatment &Storage: responsible for treating water from the Guadalupe River and the Lower Trinity Aquifer to drinking water standards and storing excess drinking water into ASR wells for use during times of need
- Water Pressure & Volume: responsible for moving drinking water to storage tanks using booster stations to provide the necessary pressure and volume to meet daily customer demand and emergency fire flow requirements.
- Water Data Collection: responsible for recording tank and aquifer levels, pumping flow, pumping totals, chemical usage, disinfection levels, treatment parameters, and historical data to comply with regulatory requirements.
In the last year, we:
- Installed land application piping for the backwash water
- Installed wellhead protection at the Legion Monitor Well
- Upgraded (5) sites with electrical tie-ins for generators
- Installed new laser track trubidimeters
- Removed and disposed of 1.5 million pounds of water plant sludge
- Completed required maintenance at Nimitz Dam
- Painted Kerrville North Tank and (4) well sites
Key Priority Area: Water, Wastewater & Drainage
- Improve the water quality program to meet TTHM Standards set by EPA
- Provide excellent customer service and educational information
- Upgrade and maintain infrastructure to improve efficiencies and water quality
- Invest in training to ensure staff is operating in a safe and competent manner