200 Park Lane
Kerrville, TX 78028
Lehmann-Monroe Park is a 27 acre park directly connected to Louise Hays Park. Amenities include access to the River Trail, river access, birding, dog park, volleyball courts, and pavilions. The land was donated in 1991 & 1992 by the families of Gordon and Peggy Monroe and Gene and Ruth Lehmann.
The Dog Park is a popular amenity of Lehmann-Monroe Park. The dog park includes amenities such as: entry / holding area, drinking fountain for dogs, agility equipment, and seating. The park is comprised of two fenced in areas; a side for both small and large pets. The dog park is open from dawn until dusk daily.
Dog Park Rules
- Please remove dog from leash while inside the vestibule and before entering either side of the dog park (once leaving the dog park, handlers must have all dogs on a leash outside of the fenced in area).
- All dogs entering the small dog side must be no larger than the dog outline shown on the fence (18 inch height).
- Dog handlers are required to pick up their pet’s waste and dispose in supplied containers.
- No dog can be left unattended.
- Children under 10 years of age must be under adult supervision at all times.
- Infants and small children are not permitted in the dog park. Dogs can act aggressively against small children, especially when children are running.
- Dog handlers are responsible for animals. Aggressive dogs must be muzzled or vacate the park.
- Dogs with a history of dangerous behavior are prohibited.
- Limit 2 dogs per handler.
- Dog handlers must fill in any holes that their dog dig.
- Dogs must be properly licensed, vaccinated, and wearing tags.
- Puppies under 4 months old should not enter the park. They should be kept away from the dog park for their protection and that of other dogs.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in the dog park.
- Do not bring human or dog food inside the dog park.
- No dog training is to occur inside the dog park.
Hours & Fees
The park is open daily from dawn to 11:00 p.m.
|| Full Day
|Small Pavilion - #'s 3 & 4
$20.00 / per hr. (2hr max)
$30.00 / per hr. (2hr. max)
Small Pavilion #3 - Closest to the volleyball courts, near playground.
Small Pavilion #4 - Across park road from volleyball courts, farthest away from playground.
Rates apply to reservations during regular park operating hours.
Full Day - 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m
Reservations are taken online or at the Parks and Recreation Department located at 2385 Bandera Highway.
Please call the Parks and Recreation Department at (830) 257-7300 for more information.